Assistant Project Manager
About the Job
EDA Contractors, Inc., a specialty construction firm, is seeking a motivated individual looking to join an exciting and diverse team. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who wants to join specialty contractor that performs work on many of the largest construction projects in the Northeast. The candidate must have experience in exterior envelope construction. Responsible for project scheduling, material and subcontractor procurement, construction coordination, site logistics, project change management, and budget forecasts. Position also requires customer interaction at a very high level.
Hiring in 3 locations:
- Bensalem, PA
- Elizabeth, NJ
- Ewing, NJ
- Attend contract start up meetings. Review the contract scope, plans, specifications, and estimate. Gain an understanding of the various systems for each project.
- Introduce the project team to our customer with contact information, roles and responsibilities within a week after the start-up meeting.
- Assist the project manager in the material buyout process. Create and transmit requests for quotation. Understand schedule and material lead times.
- Understand detail requirements of competing manufacturers. Present that information to the project manager to include a labor factor in the final purchasing decision.
- Assist the project manager in the procurement of subcontractors. Create and transmit bid packages to potential subs. Establish due dates for pricing on all packages and press them to make the dates.
- Review the contract specifications. Create a submittal log based on the specifications. Communicate submittal requirements and deadlines for submission to our subcontractors.
- Create submittal packages with the guidance of the project manager. Organize the transfer of information with the customer. Be specific with transmittals so that anyone receiving the package can easily understand where we intend to use the products.
- Track the submittals. Be proactive with our customer to ensure the information is reviewed and returned in a timely manner.
- Complete the manufacturer’s warranty application. Request an assembly letter for system clarity.
- Execute document control for each project. Update working plans and specifications as the project changes.
- Purchase material with the guidance of the project manager.
- Create a project in PlanGrid and invite the team members. Upload the shop drawings. Use the PlanGrid procedures check list as a guide to include all of the required information in the Documents and set up the Tasks categories. Email job specific timesheets and T&M tickets to the foreman as Excel files.
- Assist the project manager in the submission of all change order requests. Follow up bi-weekly until they are approved or voided. Track this information on the change order log. Update the change order log monthly. Press our customer to write change orders in a timely manner. Consult the estimator before agreeing to any deduct change orders.
- Create as-built roof drawings to depict all the mechanical curbs and penetrations. Compare this information to the current contract documents. Submit a change order request for anything outside our scope.
- Work with the project manager to procure all warranty and closeout information. Track warranties from the pre-construction applications to submission to the owner. Include our subcontractor’s warranty requirements.
- Proficient with MS based office software applications
- Project site visits may be needed (valid driver’s license required)
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering or related field preferred
Strong and demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
Ability to multi-task and take direction
Knowledge of Construction Industry
Proficient in Excel, Word, and Adobe
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Health insurance with medical, dental and vision
- Matching 401K after one (1) year of employment
- Tuition assistance
Company wide events
Lunch N Learns
Free coffee and snacks
Ready to join the EDA team? Apply today so we can review your qualifications. We will reach out to you if we think you are a good fit!