Exterior Wall Estimator (Industrial/Commercial)
About the job
The Exterior Wall Estimator is responsible for the overall project estimate while providing leadership, training, and mentoring for their team under the Director of Estimating Exterior Panel. Works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects by performing the following duties.
- Prepares estimates with the proper level of detail for all exterior panel design stages: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents
- Assists with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- As Exterior Wall Estimator, works with the estimating team in the assembly and submission of bids.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Research construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Creates, maintains, and manages the preconstruction / design schedule for projects. Has the ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once.
- Manage the subcontractor prequalification process and assure that awarded subcontractors have the proper experience and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Review design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generates acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepares life-cycle costing.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract. Works with the OnScreen Database Department to utilize other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Assists the estimating team and assures that the estimates are created with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability and general requirements.
- Assures that self-performed estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract with the Owner.
- Understands how to create proper bid packages and works with the design team on the information required in each package to assure complete bids and giving the field team the right information needed to start construction or maintain the project schedule.
- Assists with system analysis of building components and systems.
- Manages the subcontractor solicitation process and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Supervises and/or writes the specific and general instructions to bidders and required bid forms.
- Review subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Presents and explains project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Works with the Director of Estimating in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
- Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet-based programs: BlueBeam, OST, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project (Scheduling), SketchUp & OnScreen
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years commercial construction experience with a minimum of four (4) years of estimating experience.
- Capability to complete large CM/GC, CMaR, and Design Build projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
- Independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits
- History of successfully working internally with the Operations Team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and Subcontractors
- Familiarity with systems include but are not limited to ACM, Insulated Wall Panels, Metal Siding, Terra Cotta, UHPC, Fiber Cement, Phenolic panels, Exterior Screenwall
- Software skillsets required include, Excel, Word, Blue Beam, On Screen Takeoff
- Skills in AutoCAD a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Health insurance with medical, dental and vision
- Matching 401K after one (1) year of employment
- Tuition assistance
Company wide events
Lunch N Learns
Free coffee and snacks
Ready to join the EDA team? Apply today so we can review your qualifications. We will reach out to you if we think you are a good fit!